Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What to wear to the Christmas Party - 1960 Florida Fashions Inc.

This is a terrific catalog from Florida Fashions with lots of glamorous holiday choices from 1960. You just know that the Mad Men era was in full swing, that's a Joan Holloway look-a-like on the cover. But if you want to look just right at the company cocktail party you need to order soon, but they do offer "New Jet Air Super Service".

I wasn't able to find out much about this company, but this particular one was mailed to a Miss Elise in California, so they must have been nationwide. After all Florida Fashion Inc. "Brings Florida Glamour To You!"

Actually I always enjoy these sorts of catalogs because this is what women really wore and bought for their families. My mom (or your grandma) would have ordered from these exact sorts of catalogs and paid these prices. They could "Look like a Million! - for little money".







4 comments:

  1. I don't think I would turn my nose up at many of these but the red dress with the white fur trim!!! What a fabulous Christmas Frock

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sort of thing--a peek into 1960 with all the trimmings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!! I began teaching in the 60s and actually had a few "frocks" like the ones here... and the black hat and purse too!! What a HOOT! And the hairstyles!! Believe me, I'm in MUCH more comfortable duds nowdays! LOL,I can truly say if someone wants to really look like they are out of the sixty's for a play or costume party, this is the place to get it!

    ReplyDelete